It’s a wonderful feeling knowing that whomever it is that discovers you will be in for the thrill of a lifetime. The feeling is mutual.
This New Year has brought thoughts of writing a New Adult romance story rather than my beloved MG or YA tales. Set in Texas, this yarn may prove to be a delightful spin! Watch for Banner House to come knocking on your door soon enough.
As a writer, I’ll rarely give up an opportunity to put words down on paper. Words are pure joy to me. Some words more than others. So while www.KSJones.com focuses on my work, a new blog called The Mirrored Pen ( http://TheMirroredPen.blogspot.com ) allows me to focus on my life as a writer. Join me. I hope you’ll enjoy spending time with me.
Another successful year in the National Novel Writing Month challenge! The goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. I barely made it this year finishing on November 30th with 50,011 words. Whew!
The Mirrored Pen is a brand new blog focusing on writers who Write For Kids and readers who Read About Kids! http://TheMirroredPen.blogspot.com
Today, I have nothing to say. Maybe it’s the cold of winter or perhaps the bitterness of heart. No matter. Today has grown silent.
2012 Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults
- Carson, Rae. The Girl of Fire and Thorns. HarperCollins Publishers/Greenwillow Books, 2011.
- Cohen, Joshua C. Leverage. Penguin Group USA/Dutton Juvenile, 2011.
- King, A.S. Everybody Sees the Ants. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2011.
- McCall, Guadalupe Garcia. Under the Mesquite. Lee & Low Books, 2011.
- Myracle, Lauren. Shine. Abrams/Amulet Books, 2011.
- Ness, Patrick. A Monster Calls. Illus by Jim Kay. Candlewick Press, 2011.
- Sepetys, Ruta. Between Shades of Gray. Penguin Group/Philomel Books, 2011.
- Stiefvater, Maggie. The Scorpio Races. Scholastic Incorporated/Scholastic Press, 2011.
- Taylor, Laini. Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2011.
- Zarr, Sara. How to Save a Life. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2011.
Hoping to be on this list someday… Congrats to all those who were chosen for this wonderful honor!